You may think your dentist is only concerned about your oral health. However, that is not the case. Dr. Thor and his team know that your oral health is not just about how you care for your teeth and mouth. Sometimes there are signs or symptoms in your mouth that could be a sign of other health issues. Dr. Thor and his team will ask about changes in your oral and general health. If symptoms arise, or we notice changes in your mouth that we cannot diagnose, we will refer you to your primary care physician for further follow-up. We work very closely with primary care physicians to make sure your entire body is in the best health that it can be.
Oral symptoms may indicate:
- Diabetes – Gum disease, bleeding gums, loose teeth, slower healing, bad taste in mouth
- Heart disease – Inflamed gums, jaw pain
- Eating disorders – Erosion on the insides of the front teeth
- Risk of premature birth – Inflamed gums
- Autoimmune disease – Sores, white/red patches, dry mouth
- Hypothyroidism – Dry mouth
- Vitamin deficiency – Bleeding or inflamed gums
Dr. Thor Anderson is dedicated to Family and Cosmetic Dentistry including exams, tooth colored fillings, crowns, cleanings, Smile Makeovers, Teeth Whitening, Veneers & more. Yahara Dental proudly serves Stoughton, Edgerton, Oregon, Evansville, Fitchburg and other outlying areas. Dr. Thor is a Delta Dental Premier Provider.